Monday 8 October 2018

Weekend setbacks- Get Busy with some Games



The weekend has arrived and gone like a cartoon anvil being dropped on your head by a sneaky Wile E. Coyote, and as always that means it’s time for game, movies, books and other awesome stuff!
So far my weekend has consisted of picking up some sort of mild cold/flu, so that’s just absolutely great. But that hasn’t stopped me from playing games, the first being Dakar 18 which is focused on the legendary Dakar rally that spans vast distances across massive sand dunes. It’s an awesome idea for a racing game, especially since the emphasis on navigation instead of outright speed on a pre-defined track really helps it stand out against the likes of DiRT Rally. I’m going to be reviewing this soon so I’m not going to spoil my opinions of it, but so for despite a cool premise and some nice moments it’s ultimately not very good.

Now, on the exact opposite end of the spectrum, we have Forza Horizon 4, which is bloody great. It’s not a huge leap from Forza Horizon 3, and while I may have criticised Shadow of the Tomb Raider for not pushing the series mechanics I don’t think I’ll be doing the same here. Sure, there’s nothing massively new on offer but we do get some pretty cool stuff like the changing seasons. But importantly it’s just really, really good at the whole driving malarky.

I do actually have a copy of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey installed in my PS4 Pro but I still haven’t started it, which could be a mistake considering Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out soon. I don’t think there are enough hours in the day to juggle two huge games.
In other news at the ripe age of too sodding old I finally took my first driving lesson earlier this week and did not kill anyone, which I’m counting as a win. It went quite well, honestly, and I’m pretty excited for the second lesson and seeing if this is something I’m cut out for.
Not a long post for this weekend, but at this point my nose is so blocked with horrible stuff that I’m fairly sure the next time I sneeze my brain is going to evacuate through my ears, mouth and possibly eye sockets.

So what are you guys playing this weekend?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home